When I heard the news that BOB’S RED MILL NATURAL FOODS added several gluten-free granolas to their list of products I couldn’t wait to try them. I start almost every day with a bowl of non-fat Greek Yogurt…I like plain, fresh fruit, and a small helping of granola. This gives me plenty of energy to get through to lunch time and I know I’m eating something that is good for me. I love the combination of crunchy granola, tart yogurt, and ripe, sweet fresh fruit. Our friends at BOB’S RED MILL have generously offered a give-away of these scrumptious new products to 3 of Wives with Knives readers…yes, you read that right…I can send a set of these new granolas to 3 lucky winners.
Both the HONEY OAT and APPLE BLUEBERRY GRANOLAS are made with gluten-free whole grain rolled oats, brown rice, brown rice syrup, dried fruit, and all natural flavorings. Granola is a great snack right out of the bag or with milk as a hot or cold cereal, and it’s easy to make your own trail mix by adding dried fruits, nuts, M&M’s… whatever you like.
I have written about BOB’S RED MILL several times here on my blog and you can read about their company and their amazing retail store HERE. If you visit Portland it is a must-see stop on your itinerary. It’s right off the freeway and is easy to get to from almost any place in the city. You will be overwhelmed by all the wonderful products they manufacture. A feature I particularly like is that most products can be purchased in bulk so you can buy just what you need.
Entering this giveaway is easy – just leave a comment and, if you aren’t already a subscriber to my recipe updates, sign up so you receive an email notification of new posts. I would appreciate it so much if you would. And PLEASE make sure I have a way to contact you so, if you are one of the 3 lucky winners, I can let you know about it.
Granola is the main ingredient in these delicious, healthy cookies. They are full of good stuff and could even be called a breakfast cookies. Add any combination of dried fruits, nuts, and chips you like and you will have a quick and easy snack for the kiddos of all ages who need an energy boost on warm summer days.
Don’t forget….leave a comment to enter this giveaway. It will be open until noon on Friday, June 27. I hope you are one of the lucky winners. I’m sending a big THANK YOU to the great people at Bob’s Red Mill for offering this terrific product giveaway to my readers.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups granola
- ½ cup chocolate or peanut butter chips, raisins, M&M's, nuts, and/or dried cramberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in granola and chocolate chips and combine well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered with parchment or a silpat. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to wire racks.