Soup ~ Soup ~ Soup

White Bean and Ham Soup
Beef Barley Soup
Split Pea Soup and Cheddar Biscuits
Lentil and Ham Soup
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
Fisherman’s Chowder with Herb Oyster Crackers
It’s still winter in many parts of the country and soups are definitely still on the menu. I can’t decide what we’ll have this week: clam chowder sounds goods or maybe something with the Honey Baked ham bone I have in the freezer.  Weather here in the Pacific Northwest has been very strange this winter, we’ve really had no winter at all, and daffodils and flowering trees are in full bloom. It gets cold at night but our days have been in the 50′s for the last several weeks.  The clematis by my back door is in full bloom right now.  It didn’t flower last year until the first week in April.
But it’s always soup weather so I hope you will try the soups in my mosaic.
I’m sending this post over to Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.  I urge you to stop by to see this week’s participants,  It’s always a treat.  Thanks, Mary.

{ 40 comments… read them below or add one }

Proud Italian Cook March 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I'm craving soup today Cathy, in fact I was thinking what to make. I've been sick with a bad cold and sore throat, so I would welcome your soup here today!

Lisa February 26, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I totally agree. It is ALWAYS soup weather and I haven't made enough of it lately. I still want to try that White Bean and Ham soup. Wish I had a bowl right now!

Kathleen February 25, 2010 at 1:48 am

Cathy you are speaking my language! In my house it's always soup season!

Martha's Menagerie February 25, 2010 at 1:27 am

Still freezing even here in Florida! Lovely post and wonderful soups – yum! :-)

Debbie February 24, 2010 at 9:08 pm

We've had a crazy winter here too. So much snow….more than we have ever had on record! Usually the winters in Virginia aren't bad but this past one has been a killer!!! Soup is defintely on the menu here….all of your pics look delicious!

Katherine Aucoin February 24, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I would be more than happy to come to your house, and sample through your soup mosaic and help you decide! = )

Looking at your gorgeous photos, it's so hard to choose!

The Quintessential Magpie February 24, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Cheddar broccoli and the split pea, please. I'll take two gallons of each! YUM!

XO,

Sheila (see you next week when I get back!)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen February 24, 2010 at 3:28 pm

How I'd love to see something blooming in my yard right now! You are so lucky to be having such wonderful weather this winter.

I could dive into any one of those delicious soups of yours!

Linda February 24, 2010 at 3:37 am

Cathy…it would be hard for me to choose which soup I would like to have today…they all look delicious!
It is snowing and raining and sleeting here and has been for the last 24 hours…I would love to smell a flower right about now…
Lovely post!
L~xo

noble pig February 23, 2010 at 11:26 pm

This is perfect since we are back to the rain!!

The Muse February 23, 2010 at 8:35 pm

a mosaic of delectable delights…
soup is a foundation of any good kitchen, says my beloved…!
and this winter we have enjoyed plenty of it! :)

teresa February 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm

what a nice post, i definitely know where i'm going for soup! love it!

lostpastremembered February 23, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Where are those gorgeous flowers… made me feel like spring. All those soups are brilliant!!

Kathleen February 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Beautiful mosaic, Cathy..look at all hose delicious soups!
Is that Panniculata? I wish mine looked like that, amazing!
The crab cakes were delicious! Thank you!

Allie and Pattie February 23, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Cathy, I stopped by to thank you for visiting us and leaving such a sweet comment, but your soup mosaic made my mouth water. I grew up in an Italian household where soup was on the menu several times a week year round- in the summer it was simply served at room temperature. Lovely post and thank you
xoxo Pattie

Porch Days February 23, 2010 at 6:33 am

Those soups look so good. It was a cold, dreary, wet day here. I would have loved to have any of the soups! I'm so envious that you have flowers blooming!

ArchaeologyAnna February 23, 2010 at 4:17 am

I just found your blog! It is wonderful. I will have to try your fisherman's stew because it is unusually cold down here in Alabama and that sounds so comforting!

Ciao Chow Linda February 23, 2010 at 4:04 am

I don't know which I'd choose first – they all look so appealing in that collection of bowls you've got.

Foley February 23, 2010 at 3:39 am

Your clematis is gorgeous! Sure wish we weren't having the awful winter we're having..I'd give anything to see some flower blooms outside!

The Cheddar Broccoli Soup is the one that is calling my name!!!

Laurie February 23, 2010 at 1:45 am

What a wonderful soup collection! I anticipate.. no reel in Fall just to get my first bowl of soup. It's pretty hot here in the Summer so soup isn't usually on the menu. Unless of course it's peanut butter soup! :)

Pam February 23, 2010 at 12:51 am

So many good ones to chose from. I loved your broccoli cheddar soup!

Marilyn February 23, 2010 at 12:50 am

Your clematis is beautiful. I hadn't looked, but it looks like ours has buds. The daffodils are just beginning to open up. Love spring time and soup is still wonderful too.

GardenofDaisies February 22, 2010 at 10:27 pm

That should say "soups"

GardenofDaisies February 22, 2010 at 10:27 pm

All of the oupus, and the bowls they are served in, look wonderful!! You are making me hungry!

g.suzie February 22, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I could have soup and salad just about any day and be happy, your pictures look so delicious!

Janine February 22, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Well I am jealousssssssssssss!!! If you could look out my window all you would see if WHITE!! It has been snowing ALL day! Makes me want to eat soup!! Thanks for all these ideas!!

Barbara February 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I saw this on Food With Style this morning and thought it was such a cute mosaic!
I would love to have a cup of each!

Big Dude February 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I'd like a small bowl, perhaps just a cup, of each please.

George Gaston February 22, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Cathy, that is one delicious looking mosaic! And all of your soup recipes sound incredible. I especially love the Cheddar Broccoli Soup… reminds me of going to the Big E in Springfield, MA. That is the State Fair for the six New England states and at the Vermont Exhibition, they had Cheddar Broccoli Soup in bread bowls as one of their many food products to try. Boy was it good.

Here's hoping the Pacific Northwest will soon be is Spring mode…

Rettabug February 22, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I killed mine….the clematis, not my soup. LOL
I am so envious of your mild climate. Snow here is still too deep for the crocus & daffodil to poke through.

I've got Mari's mushroom soup with brie cooking on the stove right now. Great minds were ALL thinking of soup today.
Your mosaic is lovely. I must go hunt down all those recipes. I feel like I'm constantly playing catch-up with everyone's blogs. :) Sure is fun, though.

fondly,
Rett

Treehouse Chef February 22, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing so many great soup recipes. I love soup! It makes me feel all warm inside. I can't wait to try the tomato basil soup with cheese croutons–Yum!

BTW-check out Don Pablo's White Chili recipe that I posted today:)

La Table De Nana February 22, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Love soups.. but your Clemtais is candy for my eyes right now..mine won't bloom till June at the earliest~ We have had a mild winter also.Hurray.

Mary February 22, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Your mosaic is terrific and will be perfect for Mosaic Monday. All those soups look great, Cathy. I'd be hardpressed to pick a favorite. Have a great day. Mary

vicki archer February 22, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Delicious soups….I am a real fan of a hearty soup, these look like great recipes for winter…xv

The Japanese Redneck February 22, 2010 at 4:26 pm

All of those look so good. Boy that clematis is going to be loaded down!

Susan February 22, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Absolutely beautiful mosaic. And, I am ready for each and every soup right now. Can't believe how that clematis is blooming. I think we had it colder in Florida than you did this winter.

zurin February 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

a beautiful array of soups it would be so hard to choose!! everyone of them looks delicious! lovely mosaic Cathy

Kris February 22, 2010 at 3:32 pm

For me, soup is the ultimate comfort food! And here in So. Cal where I live, spring time can be the chilliest. With cool windy days, soup is on the menu a lot. Oh lucky you to have a honey baked ham bone in the freezer! Love that honey baked ham! Soup will be on the menu one night here at our house too.
: )

Joyce February 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Love soup and your soup mosaic is so delicious looking. If I had to just pick one of the soups it would be a hard choice. I am actually making Alton Browns Potatoes Leek soup which is simmering on my stove as I type this and my house smells wonderful. My daughter and I are always watching our calories and fat this time of year so I am going to put non fat buttermilk in the recipe instead of regular and cut the heavy cream with some skim milk. It will be thinner but our goal is to have our waistlines be thinner by bathing suit season:) Hard to even think bathing suits but before we all blink summer will be here and it can't come soon enough for us this year:)

Bellini Valli February 22, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Any of these heartwarming soups would fit the bill as comfort food this time of year Cathy.