Imagine my surprise when I saw this recipe in this month’s issue of Gourmet Magazine. Their Beau Monde Dip is featured in a Spice Island ad and uses dried spices. My old time version uses beau monde seasoning and fresh herbs. Much better.
This looks too simple to be as good as it is. Trust me, you have to try it. Everyone who does raves about it and always picks it over any other condiment on the table. The flavors are clean and fresh and it is just down right delicious.
Using dried herbs produces a delicious sauce as well so make it even if you don’t have the fresh ones. Just use half the amount of dried herbs (same amount of beau monde). The flavor of dried herbs is more intense. This is wonderful on a baked potato, on raw or cooked veggies or on potato chips. If you are watching the calories use low fat sour cream.
- • 1 cup sour cream
- • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- • 1 whole green onion, finely chopped
- • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- • 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- • 1 teaspoon Spice Island Beau Monde seasoning
- Mix well and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.